Tesla Model S SNAPPLATE Front License Plate Mount, Removable, 2016-2020
For Tesla Model S (SNAPPLATE) no-hole easy to install, easy to remove front license plate bracket for your Tesla Model S!
- Tesla Model S 2016 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 states
- Patent-pending SnapPlate removable front license plate mount installs and completely removes in seconds!
- Paint-safe, Grille-safe, Radiator-safe, Autopilot-safe
- For US plates (12'X6")
- Now comes with 3rd generation plate mounts that add an adjustable height feature
Patent-pending SnapPlate removable front license plate mount installs and completely removes in seconds. The clean, minimal design blends perfectly with the Tesla front end when it’s installed, leaves no unsightly hardware behind when it’s removed, and the exclusive breakaway plate mount breaks away under stress to protect the grille on the car where it attaches.
Hanging a license plate off the front of the plastic grille is actually pretty dangerous for the grille and grille replacements are expensive. To make SnapPlate grille-safe, it is designed it to break away if it is stressed by car washes, fender benders, vandals, etc.
Each Snap Plate comes with:
- One fully-assembled front license plate mount, ready for your license plate
- Four black and four silver torx security screws for the plate
- One black torx security screw to optionally secure it to the car
- One torx security screwdriver to keep in the car
- One zippered case to keep all the accessories tidy in your car
Snap Plate is perfect to:
- Remove your plate for car shows
- Install to avoid tickets while parked at a meter
- Remove to clean your car at home or at a car wash
- Install for toll-by-plate roads and bridges
- Deter theft with torx security screws on the plate and mount
- Install a temporary plate to support your favorite team on game day
Easy Installation and Removal in Seconds:
To install SnapPlate:
- Push the left side of the front to rotate the latches open
- Line it up with the center of the grille
- Plug it in
- Push the bottom of front to rotate the latches closed (internal magnets keep it closed)
- Optionally, if you want additional security, use the included screwdriver to install the black security screw into the hole on the right side
To remove SnapPlate:
- Loosen the security screw, if you’re using it
- Push the left side of the front to open the latches
- Nothing left behind
Year/AP HW Version
This base fits facelifted Model S bumpers manufactured after October 2016 and works with the Autopilot hardware2 +. If you have cameras on the pillars between the front and back side windows you have HW2!
This plate mount is designed for a standard US license plate (12″ x 6″) with holes at 7″ x 4.75″ (178mm x 121mm). It also fits plates in Canada or Mexico with the same hole dimensions.
April 2016-October 2016 (facelifted HW1):
This version of the Model S has the facelifted bumper that is compatible with a SnapPlate base, but the Autopilot 1 hardware just won’t cooperate with us. The parking sensors become erratic or completely disable.
2012-April 2016 (pre-facelift HW1):
This version of the Model S has the pre-facelifted bumper or black “nosecone” which has a mesh-type grille that isn’t compatible with SnapPlates.
Trust EV Parts Online for all your Tesla Model S needs!
We Also Recommend
Tesla Model S HEPA Carbon Activated Cabin Filter, Under Hood, 2016-2021
Tesla Model S, X Steering Wheel Trim Cover, ABS, Black Matte Carbon Fiber